First stop was Potter Textiles, where I found an amazing cotton silk, with a large scale pattern of crystals. I LOVED the print, but wanted to find something relatively gathered to minimise it a little.
I went madly searching for some ideas on pinterest, but apparently when you search "dress to wear to a wedding" all the words in-between get lost and you end up with a lot of white! Finally found this:
Butterick B5884, version A.
There were definitely problems, I took in the back, re adjusted the gathers of the bodice and took about 5cm out of the back of the skirt as it was really bulky (There wasn't much drape to the fabric, so I'm not sure if the bulk was just due to that)! But here is the finished product and I'm super happy with it!